No-bake, VEGAN Strawberry Coconut Truffles! Collab with @carolinebethhealth!
We are so excited to announce our collaboration with Caroline Depietri from Caroline Beth Health (@carolinebethhealth)!
Caroline is a competitive figure skater, a certified Pilates instructor, and a future sports nutritionist! Her experiences with disordered eating and body image struggles fuel her mission to guide and work with athletes of all ages looking to perform at their peak while maintaining a healthy relationship with food. She inspires us so much, and we are so honored to be able to work with her! You can check out her amazing recipes at @carolinebethhealth on Instagram and carolinebethhealth.com!
In honor of Valentine’s Day, Caroline shared with us her recipe for No-Bake, Vegan Strawberry Coconut Truffles! These are the perfect snacks to show yourself and those you love some compassion this season!
We also guest-posted on Caroline's blog, Caroline Beth Health, sharing 5 practical strategies for practicing intuitive eating! Go check that out for exclusive tips!
NO-BAKE, VEGAN STRAWBERRY COCONUT TRUFFLES!
Ingredients (yields 12):
- 3 oz of freeze-dried strawberries
- 1/2 cup of fresh strawberries, diced
- 1/2 cup of finely shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil, not melted
- 1 cup of dark chocolate chips (I used HuKitchen Gems)
1. Blend freeze-dried strawberries in a food processor until a fine powder forms (make about 1 cup of powder), then transfer to a large mixing bowl and combine with the shredded coconut.
2. Blend the fresh strawberries until pureed and add to the bowl.
3. Add coconut oil to the bowl and mix until well combined.
4. Roll the mixture into balls (or heart-shapes!) and chill in the fridge until firm (about 10 minutes).
5. Once firm, melt the dark chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until completely melted.
6. Dip the strawberries into the chocolate and place on wax paper. Place in the fridge to let the chocolate set.
7. Store in an airtight container at room temperature or the fridge and enjoy!