3 Must-Try Recipes for Athletes! - Collab with @bon.athlete
Updated: Sep 12, 2020
Hey guys! We are so excited to announce our very first collab with @bon.athlete! This beautiful page is run by Emilia (Milly) Murdock, a Team USA figure skater and aspiring dietitian! I wrote on their blog about the importance of fueling enough as an athlete, so go check it out at www.bonathletebymillymurdock.com!
Today Milly is sharing with you 3 Must-Try Recipes for Athletes! They are all so delicious and perfect meals to nourish yourself pre- and post-workout. Let us know what your favorite recipe is down in the comments!
Banana oat pancakes
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup of old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Coconut oil for cooking
1. Add all ingredients to a blender and blend till well combined. Let the batter sit while you heat the pan (2-3min).
2. Lightly coat pan with coconut oil and add 1/4cup scoop for each pancake. Cook till you see bubbles and then flip.
Easy banana bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil (plus more for the pan)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup plain or vanilla greek yogurt
- about 2 medium bananas mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chip or any nut of your choice
1. Preheat oven to 325F and grease bread pan with coconut oil.
2. In a bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, salt).
3. In a different bowl, whisk together wet ingredients (eggs, mashed bananas, oil, yogurt, honey, and vanilla) until blended well.
4. Stir dry ingredients in with the wet. Adding the chocolate chips.
5. Pour batter into greased pan and bake for 53-55 minutes… until a toothpick comes out clean.
Matcha overnight oats
– 1/2 cup of old fashioned oats
– 1/4 cup of greek yogurt (I used Siggi’s vanilla 0%)
– 1/2 cup of almond milk
– 1/2 tbsp of chia seeds
– 1 tsp of honey
– 1/2 tsp matcha
– almond butter
1. Mix together oats, yogurt, almond milk, seeds, honey, and matcha into a jar or container with a lid.
2. Let sit overnight in the fridge.
3. In the morning mix in a handful of berries, a spoonful of almond butter, and more almond milk until you get your desired consistency.